Friday, November 2, 2012

Korean style rice bowl

Happy Friday!
Today's lunch is my very own version of the simplest, yet delicious bibimbap.

I love Korean food! I remember when my fiance and I were still dating, whenever he would visit me, the first thing we'd do was eat at a Korean restaurant. Every single visit. Korean food has definitely claimed a special spot in my heart. 

Little about us: We had a long distance relationship, and during that period of time he would visit me just about every other weekend. Jack would fly, drive, or Amtrak his way down to Atlanta from Richmond to see me. He is the sweetest thing ever.

Our favorite dishes are soondufu jjigae (soft tofu stew), haemul pajeon (seafood pancake), galbi tang (short rib soup), naki bokkeum (spicy octopus) and bibimbap ( mixed-rice). Oh and let's not forget the amazing mouth-watering-just-by-the-thought-of-it, korean style BBQ. Whenever we get a break to drive up to DC, we must stock up on yummy Korean food. I'll have to take some pictures of our next Korean night dinner special, it is the absolute best.

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment