Monday, February 4, 2013

It was early February, I was still at home living with my family and Jack was living in Richmond. What started as a causal month, turned into the most life changing milestone in my life. It was the start of our lives together. By the end of this month last year, I had moved to Richmond and started my life with Jack by my side. Every day and night, we were together. It has been a true blessing.  What February didn't consist of last year was the obvious, Valentine's Day. Too busy making my big move and with work, we didn't get a chance to celebrate the day.  So this year is our first valentine together, and I want to do something special for him. I've got a couple of ideas up my sleeves, but still a work in progress. 

Not to mention this weekend is also Chinese New Year, and to be honest, I'm not completely sure how we are going to be celebrate it without our families around. In my family, my dad is always the chef and Jack's mom is the cook in his family. However, due to work, we will not be able to visit either one of our family this weekend. Just reminiscing on my past Chinese New Year at home with my family. Dad would cook enough food to feed a whole village. Boy, am I going to miss his cooking this weekend. 

Dad cooking up a storm for last year's new year

No comments:

Post a Comment